BlueTech Webinar Series: The Promise of Advanced Biological Nitrogen Removal via Deammonification
Thursday, July 10, 2014:
To Purchase a Copy of the Recording, Please call 818.888.4444
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern US Time
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm British Time
BlueTech® Research, in conjunction with B2B Webinars, would like to invite you to our upcoming interactive webinar on deammonification, with a focus on the state of the art of side stream deammonification and municipal/industrial opportunities for main stream deammonification.
In the last few years, deammonification has sparked the beginnings of a potentially revolutionary development for wastewater treatment. Deammonification offers enormous potential in a wide variety of applications, both in terms of ammonia removal capacity and as a step towards energy neutrality – or even energy production – during wastewater treatment. These attributes are of great interest for utilities and industries alike due to the high cost of aeration energy and chemical addition for conventional biological nutrient removal. Challenges faced in the adoption of deammonification stem from a lack of widespread understanding among end users about the factors that would lead to the selection of the appropriate deammonification process.
This next webinar in the BlueTech Webinar Series will examine the potential for deammonification, featuring presentations from an internationally recognized group of experts representing different parts of the industry and academia. Panelists will review the pros/cons and selection criteria for the 3 primary approaches to date: flocculated, granular, and fixed film/attached growth based processes. New and alternative approaches that could represent next generation technologies under development will also be explored. Lastly, panelists will discuss performance prospects, economic benefits and the practicality of implementation in both greenfield and retrofit applications. The webinar will conclude with a Q&A session to address specific questions from participants to our panelists.
Questions to be addressed include:
- What are the treatment trains typically available; what are their advantages and disadvantages, and are there alternative approaches?
- What are the limitations of current anaerobic ammonium oxidation-based technologies in nitrogen management?
- What is the potential for lower energy consumption vs. energy neutrality vs. net energy production?
- When and where is a deammonification flow sheet appropriate or ideal?
- What are some of the considerations for retrofit vs. greenfield applications and side stream vs. mainstream treatment?
- What is the current installed capacity of deammonification systems worldwide? In what markets and applications is it well established?
- Where are the near term commercial applications for mainstream deammonification in municipal and industrial segments? What specific research is needed to make this happen?
- How are the incumbent players positioned with respect to IP? How can a new entrant break into this market?
- What companies and research groups are actively taking charge in this area?
- What innovations are emerging and leading to new opportunities?
- What is the future of this market?
Who should attend?
- Investors looking to understand the market opportunity for deammonification processes and related technologies.
- Water industry executives looking to establish a competitive advantage and inform strategic moves in this nascent market segment.
- Technology providers looking for technology gaps and unmet needs.
- Consultants, policy makers and regulators looking to stay on top of the latest market trends and the state of technological innovation in advanced biological ammonia removal and energy recovery market segments.
Jeff Guild, Vice President, Business Development & Professional Services, BlueTech Research
Dr. Beverley Stinson, Vice President, AECOM Water
Dr. Mark van Loosdrecht, Professor, Environmental Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology
Dr. Sudhir Murthy, Innovations Chief, DC Water
About B2B Webinars
B2BWebinars.net is a subsidiary of Information Forecast Inc., celebrating more than 25 years of successfully presenting industry defining events and webinars. B2Bwebinars.net (previously known as “Infocast” Webinars) provides the cutting edge information and key intelligence that business leaders use to drive growth in the numerous industries that we serve. Our production team works closely with senior industry leaders to design and produce the most informative, knowledge based business events available anywhere. Whether you are attending, speaking, moderating or sponsoring, being part of one of our 90-minute online seminars will raise your industry standing, introduce you to vital business connections and position you and your firm as a leading industry voice.
About BlueTech Research
How It Works
Single Connection: $245.00
Additional Connection at the same Organization: $150.00
A site connection allows a single connection to the web conference. That connection is open to any number of users in a collaborative setting. Because there are no travel expenses and only a single registration fee is required, each additional participant lowers the cost per participant significantly.
By purchasing a site connection, you can invite as many people as you would like to view and participate in the session from a single location. Set up the session in a conference room and project the presentation and chat on a large screen. You also have rights to distribute copies of the presentation materials to everyone involved. Please note that audio is received via the phone line and must be broadcast to your group.
If for any reason a relevant stakeholder cannot co-locate for the session, we encourage you to include that person by purchasing an additional connection at the reduced fee of $150 per session. This will ensure that every member of a team receives the same relevant, timely information in the most efficient way. If you have any technical or purchasing questions, please contact us at (818) 888-4444.
CANCELLATION, REFUNDS & CREDITS
Should you be unable to attend, a refund, less a $50 administrative charge, will be made for cancellations received via letter or fax at least 3 working days before the event. We regret cancellations will not be accepted after that date. However, we will be pleased to transfer your registration to another member of your company or credit the registration fee to another Infocast conference if you register within 6 months from the date of this conference. In the event the conference is canceled, Infocast’s liability is limited to the refund of the conference registration fee only.