BlueTech Webinar Series: Ballast Water Treatment Market: Technological Perspectives & Future Directions
Thursday, June 26, 2014:
Please call 818-888-4444 to purchase a recording
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern US Time
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm British Summer Time
BlueTech® Research, in conjunction with B2B Webinars, would like to invite you to our upcoming interactive webinar, as BlueTech Research revisits the topic of ballast water treatment. The ballast water treatment (BWT) market is driven by international regulations from International Maritime Organization (IMO) and US Coast Guard, and over the past decade, it has been predicted to become a multi-billion dollar market. However, commercial progress so far has arguably been slow due to the pending IMO ratification.
Amid the range of system options and system providers for BWT technologies, it can be challenging for clients to navigate their way through various claims and identify the key factors that should influence their decisions. The most appropriate technology will vary from ship to ship and will be a balance among energy use, the ability to deal with water quality variability (and temperature), reliability, ease of operation and maintenance, and overall costs. Is there clarity on what technology should be used for different circumstances? Are there clear “losers and winners”?
This BlueTech Webinar will bring together perspectives from an international panel, featuring presentations from leading industry technology providers representing three of the dominant approaches currently used, (Jürgen Meier, Evonik Industries, Jim Cosman, Trojan Marinex, and Jeffrey Barber, N.E.I. Treatment Systems), and a shipping industry expert (to be confirmed). Panelists will discuss the current status and future direction of the ballast water treatment market, offering analysis on core technology performances and their practicality of implementation, as well as the potential economic benefits, and commercial opportunities. The webinar will conclude with a Q&A session to address specific questions from participants.
Questions to be answered include:
- How is ballast water treatment market developing?
- How did the acceptance of USCG regulations and the alternate management systems (AMS) affect the current market scenario?
- What market dynamics are influencing current players?
- Are today’s ballast water treatment systems meeting customers' needs or is additional development required?
- Will ship owners consider retrofitting options prior to ratification? What are the key industry challenges that equipment suppliers face?
- How can a new entrant break into this market?
- What are the treatment trains typically available? What are their advantages and disadvantages, and are there alternative approaches?
- What innovations are emerging and leading to new opportunities?
- What is the future of this market?
Who should attend?
- Investors looking to understand the market opportunity in ballast water Treatment.
- Research institutes looking to understand key industry technology offerings, including alternative methods for treatment
- Technology providers looking for technology gaps and unmet needs, and to assess competing technology types M in the market
- Consultants, policy makers and regulators looking to stay on top of the latest market trends and the state of technological innovation.
About B2B Webinars
B2B Webinars.net is a subsidiary of Information Forecast Inc., celebrating more than 25 years of successfully presenting industry defining events and webinars. B2Bwebinars.net (previously known as “Infocast” Webinars) provides the cutting edge information and key intelligence that business leaders use to drive growth in the numerous industries that we serve. Our production team works closely with senior industry leaders to design and produce the most informative, knowledge based business events available anywhere. Whether you are attending, speaking, moderating or sponsoring, being part of one of our 90-minute online seminars will raise your industry standing, introduce you to vital business connections and position you and your firm as a leading industry voice.
About BlueTech Research
How It Works
Single Connection: $245.00
Additional Connection at the same Organization: $150.00
A site connection allows a single connection to the web conference. That connection is open to any number of users in a collaborative setting. Because there are no travel expenses and only a single registration fee is required, each additional participant lowers the cost per participant significantly.
By purchasing a site connection, you can invite as many people as you would like to view and participate in the session from a single location. Set up the session in a conference room and project the presentation and chat on a large screen. You also have rights to distribute copies of the presentation materials to everyone involved. Please note that audio is received via the phone line and must be broadcast to your group.
If for any reason a relevant stakeholder cannot co-locate for the session, we encourage you to include that person by purchasing an additional connection at the reduced fee of $150 per session. This will ensure that every member of a team receives the same relevant, timely information in the most efficient way. If you have any technical or purchasing questions, please contact us at (818) 888-4444.
CANCELLATION, REFUNDS & CREDITS
Should you be unable to attend, a refund, less a $50 administrative charge, will be made for cancellations received via letter or fax at least 3 working days before the event. We regret cancellations will not be accepted after that date. However, we will be pleased to transfer your registration to another member of your company or credit the registration fee to another Infocast conference if you register within 6 months from the date of this conference. In the event the conference is canceled, Infocast’s liability is limited to the refund of the conference registration fee only.