BlueTech Webinar: Moving Beyond MBBR and IFAS: Market Potential and Technology Developments in Advanced Fixed Film Processes
Thursday, July 18, 2013:
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern US Time
B2B Webinars and BlueTech® Research are pleased to announce the details of the next interactive web-conference in the BlueTech and B2B Webinar Series entitled: Moving Beyond MBBR and IFAS – Market Potential and Technology Developments in Advanced Fixed Film Processes. The webinar will be held on July 18th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM ET; 4:00 - 5:30 PM BST.
In the past fifteen years, Moving Bed Biofilm Reactors (MBBR) and Integrated Fixed film Activated Sludge (IFAS) evolved from a nascent technology fighting for a market niche against conventional activated sludge and high rate membrane bioreactors into a technology in the process of “going mainstream” in both new builds and retrofits in industrial and municipal wastewater settings.
However, following the pattern of previous technologies hitting mainstream, “me too” offerings are beginning to appear as both new and established players recognize the need to further innovate. Novel media for high rate operation, enhanced nutrient removal and even anaerobic systems are just a selection of the types of innovation currently undergoing commercialization in this area.
This webinar will provide an overview on the current market state of MBBR and IFAS systems and highlight several innovative fixed film systems currently being developed.
Questions to be answered:
- How will MBBR/IFAS technology providers differentiate themselves as the market becomes increasingly commoditized?
- What are the technological limitations of current commercially available IFAS/MBBR systems?
- What technological innovations are happening in this sector?
- How do these innovative technologies compare with established MBBR/IFAS systems?
- In what market areas are new entrants in this market positioning themselves?
- What is the current installed capacity of MBBR and IFAS worldwide?
- In what markets are MBBR and IFAS established?
- What regions or industries are seeing a strong uptake in MBBR/ IFAS systems?
- Where do leading technology providers see the greatest potential for innovation in this sector?
What you will learn?
- The current applications, markets and limitations of conventional MBBR and IFAS systems.
- An understanding of how technology providers in this market area compete.
- The current size of the MBBR/IFAS market.
- Where the latest technological breakthroughs are happening in this area.
- Where emerging new build and retrofit markets are developing.
Who should attend?
- Investors looking to understand the market opportunity in advanced biological treatment systems.
- Technology providers looking for technology gap and unmet needs.
- Utilities who wish to understand the economic & technical issues and future directions.
Jeff Guild, Vice President, Business Development and Professional Services, BlueTech® Research
Kim Soerensen, CTO, WABAG
Joshua P. Boltz Ph.D, P.E., BCEE, F.IWA, Senior Technologist, CH2MHill
Laura Marcolini, President, Biowater US
Afnan Din, Vice President, Headworks BIO
How It Works
Single Connection: $245.00
Additional Connection at the same Organization: $150.00
A site connection allows a single connection to the web conference. That connection is open to any number of users in a collaborative setting. Because there are no travel expenses and only a single registration fee is required, each additional participant lowers the cost per participant significantly.
By purchasing a site connection, you can invite as many people as you would like to view and participate in the session from a single location. Set up the session in a conference room and project the presentation and chat on a large screen. You also have rights to distribute copies of the presentation materials to everyone involved. Please note that audio is received via the phone line and must be broadcast to your group.
If for any reason a relevant stakeholder cannot co-locate for the session, we encourage you to include that person by purchasing an additional connection at the reduced fee of $150 per session. This will ensure that every member of a team receives the same relevant, timely information in the most efficient way. If you have any technical or purchasing questions, please contact us at (818) 888-4444.
CANCELLATION, REFUNDS & CREDITS
Should you be unable to attend, a refund, less a $50 administrative charge, will be made for cancellations received via letter or fax at least 3 working days before the event. We regret cancellations will not be accepted after that date. However, we will be pleased to transfer your registration to another member of your company or credit the registration fee to another Infocast conference if you register within 6 months from the date of this conference. In the event the conference is canceled, Infocast’s liability is limited to the refund of the conference registration fee only.